What Is Covered Under Your Homeowners Insurance
Do you live in Philadelphia with renter’s insurance or homeowners insurance? Do you know what your insurance covers if you are hit with water damage?
No worries, SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale has your back. Our partnership with State Farm has allowed our professionals to understand the ins and outs of insurance. Here is what renter’s insurance covers - in short, it covers all the things you own.
Accidents - this includes objects damaging your property
Weather impacts - any damage resulting from a natural
Malicious mischief - this includes vandalism, theft, riots, & vehicle damage
Loss of use - if your home or property is damaged and uninhabitable after a covered loss, living accommodations and expenses that accrue will be covered by this type of insurance.
According to Forbes and the Insurance Information Institution, every year about one in 50 homeowners file water damage claims, accounting for 29% of all homeowners insurance claims. It is important to be aware of what your insurance covers and the steps to take in the event of water damage.
SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale takes pride in relieving stress from our customers and clients. Our professionals are equipped with the knowledge and resources to be the middle person between our business and their insurance claims.
SERVPRO Host The First Responders College Bowl Game in December
It’s that time of year! Football season is upon us and SERVPRO hosts The First Responders College Bowl Game on December 27th in Dallas, Tx. SERVPRO takes pride in supporting their local first responders and SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale is proud to be a part of that initiative.
SERVPRO has been sponsoring the bowl game since 2014 and has given our franchises the opportunity to honor local first responders on a national level. Rick Isaacson, CEO of SERVPRO, said, “The SERVPRO First Responder Bowl is one way we celebrate these dedicated first responders and their families as the hometown heroes they are.”
Each franchise will nominate a local first responder to be considered for special recognition at this year's game. One nominee will be selected to experience an all-expenses-paid trip to the game where they will be presented with an award.
The SERVPRO First Responders Bowl also has a virtual Everyday Heroes Wall that honors these courageous people in our community. If you know someone who has committed to risking their lives every day, view the Everyday Heroes Wall page to submit a photo of your frontline hero!
Is Your Fox Chase Business Emergency Ready?
Add SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale to your vendor list!
ARE YOU READY FOR WHATEVER HAPPENS?
No one plans for disasters, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have too. Partnering with SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale, ensures you’re ready for whatever happens to your business or commercial property.
By preparing now, you demonstrate excellence in readiness planning by compiling a comprehensive information resource to use in case of a disaster.
WHY SERVPRO’S EMERGENCY READY PLAN?
By having an immediate plan, you minimize potential business downtime when disaster strikes. Here’s why SERVPRO’s ERP is the way to go!
- 50+ years in disaster recovery experience
- 2,000+ service provider locations
- This means there is a SERVPRO in your area within a two-hour distance
- 20,000+ SERVPRO Personnel
- No Retainer/Upfront Costs
- SERVPRO’s Emergency Ready Plan is completely free to utilize. We will come out to do a free assessment of your property while storing all the property information in one place.
- Largest Supply of Owned Equipment
Our Ready Plan is designed to be a start-up approach that provides critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services.
If you and your business are interested in learning more about our ERP profile, please contact our offices at 215-545-5300.
What To Do Before, During and After Water Damage
We cannot control Mother Nature; when she hits Philadelphia, we need to make sure we are ready to go for whatever damage she leaves behind. We can’t control the weather but we can control what we do to prepare for the before, during and after water damage.
Here are the things you should do before, during and after water damage to make the remediation process easy for you.
- Make a list of all the things you own; furniture, clothing, valuables
- Fill out a Family Emergency Plan, or if you are a business owner/property owner - fill out our Emergency Ready Plan
- Have a To-Go Bag that you can grab if you are rushing out in a hurry
- Be aware of what your insurance company covers when damage unexpectedly hits your home or business
- Turn off water valves and electricity circuits
- Call you insurance company to file a claim
- Stay away from any flood water whether it’s from a storm or a leaking pipe. You’re unfamiliar with where the water came from.
- Call your local SERVPRO, give them the insurance claim number. After communicating with the insurance company, our crews will be dispatched out to your home to assess the situation and discuss next steps.
- Depending on the damage will determine what happens after the damage is assessed by our professionals. We take pride in making sure the water damage remediation process is as smooth as possible for our customers.
Flooding is the most common U.S. natural disaster, and Pennsylvania has the highest flooding rate of any state.
If your home or business is suffering from water damage, don’t hesitate to call SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale now at 215-545-5300.
6 Steps to Starting Water Damage Remediation
Property damage doesn’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Langhorne & Bensalem provides emergency cleanup and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. No damage is too big or small for our team!
Why is immediate response time crucial?
The short answer: to keep a bad situation from getting worse. In many cases an immediate response will help contain and minimize damage, thus reducing cleaning and restoration costs. The sooner the cleanup process starts, the better.
Here are a few immediate steps you can take to help speed up the process:
- Call your insurance company as soon as possible. Once you have filed a claim with your insurance company, SERVPRO of Langhorne/Bensalem can take it from there to determine next steps.
- Call SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale, who provides 24 hour, 7 days a week emergency service by having a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike at 215-545-5300.
- Document the damage by taking pictures or videos for the insurance claim.
- Shut off the water source so no further damage is created.
- Turn off circuit breakers.
- Don’t enter affected areas!
Use technology such as alarms and/or smart home monitoring systems that can be managed and monitored even when you aren’t home!
4 Tips to Find Leaks In Your Home
Did you know that the average household leak can account for nearly 10,000 gallons of water waste every year, and ten percent of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more a day? MIND BLOWN!
Consider these 4 tips for finding household leaks, according to the Environmental Protection Agency:
1. Have you taken a look at your water bill recently? If not, it’s time to see how much water you and your family are using per month. If a family of four exceeds 12,000 gallons, there is aserious leaksomewhere.
2. Check your water meter first, then one or two hours later after not using any water. If the number has moved then you have a leak somewhere.
3. Dye test in your toilet! Drop food coloring into your toilet tank and if any color shows up in the bowl, you have a leak. Immediately flush to avoid staining the tank.
4. Call the water restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale to help!
Our team recently got a call of a water leak from the top floor to the lower level. Once our crew got in there, they quickly realized the caulking around the shower was deteriorating, which caused water to leak onto the floor when used.
If you are experiencing leaking in your home or property, call us today for an estimate!
Electrical Fire at Jim's Steaks in Philadelphia, PA
Fire Department responds to multi-alarm fire at Jim's Steaks on South St.
If you are a true Philadelphian, you know cheesesteaks are a staple in our city and they need to be protected at all times! So when the famously known Jim’s Steaks on South St. went up in flames last Friday morning - the city was in a panic. Our team was quickly on the scene to assess the situation along with 125 first responders.
According to Action News, the fire is believed to have started in the electrical system. Employee Christina Lawlor knew something was up when she opened for the day and realized how hot it was inside.
When the owner, Ken Silver, entered the building two days later, he feared the damage was a lot worse than it actually was. According to the fire department, the blaze was difficult to put out because the flames were moving rapidly through the HVAC system.
Silver credited the fire department, who remained on the scene for 10 hours. After city officials searched the century old building, it was determined that the building is structurally sound, bumping up the timeline of rebuilding.
The cheesesteak staff is determined to start rebuilding as soon as they are allowed to by city officials. He is anticipating reopening by Memorial Day 2023.
Jim’s Steaks celebrated their 46th year anniversary in the beginning of July and while this will set them back a year, the city is rallying behind the famous cheesesteak joint.
Time to Check Your Smoke Alarms
Emergencies are going to happen; that’s life. Having a plan in place is super important, especially when owning a house or business. Checking your fire alarms frequently is important to preparation. Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to your fire alarms:
BATTERY LIFE: According to the NFPA, you may need to change your batteries every 6 months (that’s what that little beeping noise is) and the entire smoke alarm every 10 years.
SAFETY: The placement of smoke alarms is very important. Placing them in all sleeping areas and outside bedrooms/outside of doors.
FEATURES: The NFPA suggests checking your alarm systems every month by pushing the “test” button and making sure the sound works.
BRANDS: The evolution of technology has changed our world in so many ways & smoke alarms are no exception. Google has their own brand of smoke alarms and it is listed as the most popular and reliable smoke alarm.
Have you checked your smoke alarms lately? If you’re thinking to yourself, “when was the last time we checked our smoke alarms?” then it’s time to do it!
Faster To Any Disaster
SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale takes pride in building rapport, trust and strong relationships with property owners in their communities. This is why we are known for being, “faster to any disaster.” When disaster strikes, you better believe SERVPRO is there first to clean up the mess!
With SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Plan, your business will be able to minimize interruption because you’ll know what to do and what to expect if any-sized disaster strikes. This program includes, a free assessment of your facility, customized property profile, guides on how-to return to the office after a disaster, easier insurance claims process, and more.
Our crew is available 24/7 to respond to any type of emergency, small or big and we take our work very seriously. Last week, we received a call late on a Friday about a water heater leak in a vacant office space. Our crew was out there in about 20 minutes to begin soaking and drying the water. They worked throughout the weekend to make sure majority of the work was done by Monday.
If you are looking to improve your company emergency response plan or procedures, SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Plan is your answer!
SERVPRO Convention 2022
Every year, SERVPRO franchise owners get together to connect and learn from one another in one city. The main goal? To gain as much knowledge as possible to improve their local businesses.
Our owner, Mike Paparone, was in attendance this year making it his ninth convention! Paparone’s favorite aspect of convention is getting the opportunity to connect with the other owners throughout the country. “Best practices for our construction division was probably the topic I discussed the most. I learned some tips and tricks about talking to insurance adjusters to get the most for the homeowner on their construction projects,” Paparone explained.
SERVPRO of Fox Chase/Torresdale team learnedthey are getting new equipment to better service our customers and communities.
SERPVPRO Team Paparone and Fox Chase/Torresdale’s mission is to create happy customers. We want to be known and relied upon as the premier, full-service restoration company in our community and Paparone believes our team can make that a reality!