SERVPRO on Puffbacks
The term puffback refers to the sudden expulsion of soot into a dwelling area caused by malfunction in the heating system. The soot consists of petroleum based particles formed by incomplete combustion in the furnace. Permanent damage can occur unless the soot is removed quickly utilizing professional cleaning agents and methods.
What to do when you have a Puffback...
- Shut down heating systems immediately
- Contact the oil company that services the furnace
- Avoid contact with contaminated surfaces
- Contact remediation specialists to restore the home or office to its preloss condition
Why use SERVPRO?
- We are experienced in all areas of puffback restoration
- Immediate response to the problem
- We work with all Insurance Companies
- Proper inspection and testing procedures
- Air duct cleaning and soot sealing
- Complete structure and content cleaning
- We take care of clothing, carpet, upholstery, and drapery cleaning.
What not to do when a Puffback happens...
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces. This will make the damage worse.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not turn on ceiling fans
- Do not send soft goods to an ordinary dry cleaner
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical components